viernes, 7 de enero de 2011

 Another exercise about modals.Use of can,could or be able to.You decide affirmative or negative according to the meaning of the sentence.

Do you know what is the meaning of these modal verbs?

Fill in the blanks with the positive or negative form of  “can” “could” or “be able to”.  There may be more than one correct answer.
a)      ................................you please help me wash the car?
b)      I..............................go to Greece for my holiday. What do you think?
c)      We............................visit him next week.
d)      Jessica......................speak French and also Italian.
e)      You...........................drink beer! You´re not 18 yet.
f)        I...........................decide whether he´s telling the truth.
g)      She............................finish painting the room by tomorrow.  She´s too busy.
h)      He........................take my car and bring it back later.
i)        We...................................sleepl.  You are making too much  noise.
j)        We almost had an accident, but fortunately, the driver......................stop in time.
k)      I...........................see you tomorrow because  I´m going away.
l)        Luckily, the firemen........................... rescue the family from the burning building.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario